How to Make an Impression

I've recently read several articles on things you can do to make a good or lasting impression on other people. Here are some of the tips suggested: have a positive attitude, arrive on time, make eye contact, stand up straight, smile, etc.

I have a suggestion of my own - kindness. I think kindness is memorable and increasingly rare. I'll give you some examples:

When my sisters and I moved to Anthony, a lady in our church brought us a dinner to welcome us. Even though we had grown up there and were not really new to town, she brought us a delicious Mexican casserole as a kind gesture of welcome.

I've had three experiences in the last few years with a flat tire or being stuck in a ditch and three different strangers have stopped to help.

Several different times, friends at work have stopped by my office with a box of Junior Mints (one of my FAVORITE candies), for no reason, just to be kind.

My parents had a new dishwasher sitting at their house but did not know how to install it. One of our friends took off work and spent the afternoon helping them.

In my Sunday School class, a lady mentioned how much she loves listening to Christian music and she wished she had more Cd's. Another member of the class immediately said, I'll make you a Cd - in fact, I'll make you several!

We live about a block away from good friends and pretty often they will show up at our door with a plate full of muffins or a batch of soup for us to try.

My list could go on and on! I appreciate kindness and it's hard to forget. This holiday season is the perfect opportunity to show kindness to those around you and create a lasting impression in their minds.




Matthew 22:39 (New International Version)
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[a]

Galatians 6:22 (New International Version)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Comments